The Forklift Safety System Difference
A forklift safety system by SIERA.AI captures the information digitally. The forklift operator facing part of the solution has all sorts of forklift safety controls and data capture.
When the forklift driver begins the shift, the driver will enter in a PIN or scan the QR code on the badge. This works to identify the operator; ensure they are certified…and certified on the lift truck in which they are attempting to operate. Once that is complete, then forklift inspection questions begin to appear on the tablet. A simple yes / no or thumbs up / thumbs down for quick and easy answering. The amount of time it took on paper to answer the questions is the same as it is digitally. That’s not where the benefit lies. It lies in these 2 areas:
- Randomizing questions: In the telemetry Dashboard, you can randomize questions in each section of the inspection checklist. If particular sections are vital information to track, randomize the questions to increase accuracy.
- Data collection: the answers to the questions are saved and stored in the telemetry Dashboard where it is tabulated and graphically displayed. You can click on the data to drill down to gain further insights into the data.
A pdf file can only store the sheet, where a telemetry Dashboard captures the information and displays it for analysis. You’ll be able to uncover information such as:
- How many failed inspections and who
- How many low, medium and high impacts: who and where were they
- How many unauthorized people tried to start and operate the lift truck… to name a few. All information can be viewed with customized dates such as a week, month, quarter for 67 days. It’s up to you.