How to Prevent Forklift Accidents?
Being SIERA.AI, the first recommendation is to get the S3 Pedestrian Detection System. The AI machine learning technology works to prevent forklift accidents by scanning for pedestrians and objects every 60ms. When it detects a pedestrian, it warns the operator with audio and visual alerts. The alert flashes a symbol of a person to notify the forklift operator that there is a human being in the defined warning path. When the S3 PDS detects an object, the forklift safety system warns the forklift operator with a flashing symbol of a box, indicating there is an object within its warning path.
Some other forklift accident preventative measures include:
- Wearing a seatbelt (part of SIERA.AI forklift access control. No seatbelt, no go)
- Take turns slowly to avoid tip-overs and rollovers
- Drive on a dry floor (be sure spills are cleaned up and any obstacles are out of the way)
- Stay within the defined weight load as recommended by the manufacturer
- Promote clear safety guidelines. Maybe even make a poster for the visual reminder.
- Stick to the speed limit set forth by your company
- Always perform the forklift safety inspection before using a forklift. (be sure to learn more about the S2 digital inspection with impact detection.)
Remember, forklift accidents are preventable. The forklift driver needs training and must be certified.